Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

hummingbirds





A couple of days ago Nancy mentioned my enjoyment of the hummingbirds, and since so far she has been carrying the whole load of these blogs, I thought it past time I followed through with some comments.  It’s true; I find the hummingbirds incredibly fascinating.  They are elegant and delicate, yet with a powerful energy - like dancers with their combination of strength and grace.  The three pictures of hummingbirds at feeders are from the porch of the main house where we are staying in Mindo.  Unfortunately, still pictures don't really capture them well.  I hope to attach a short film of them flying and feeding in the future.

1 comment:

Carol Gulyas said...

I love hummingbirds, too. They are so startling at first glance, they seem like very large insects.